Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcoming in 2011

I know I haven't written in this in months...probably should have taken pictures of all of my gluten free desserts I've made...well I made something fabulous for New Years Eve besides the really horrible spinach dip I tried making (dairy free of course) that was YUCK! But the Snowball cookies I made were a huge success. Here's the recipe:

Snowball Recipe

Ingredients

  • 2 cups sifted Jules Gluten free flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup Earth Balance, softened
  • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1-1/2 cups chopped Pecans
  • 2 cups confectioners sugar to roll cookies in
  • 2 tsp Ginger
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
Directions
  1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat softened earth balance with sugar until very light and fluffy. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate 20 minutes until easy to handle.
  2. Make balls in the palm of your hand by tablespoons. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet, and bake in a 350 degree F. oven until golden brown, being careful bottoms do not burn.
  3. Place confectioners sugar in a large bowl mix in the cinnamon and ginger. Take cookies from oven and gently put into bowl. Carefully, they are hot, toss cookies in sugar until they are coated.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment