- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour mix (with xanthan or guar gum in the mix) I used Coconut flour for half and Jules Gluten free for the other half
- 10 tablespoons melted, Earth Balance
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar to dip glass in to press cookies
- Turkish Figs chopped up (make sure to take out stems)
Preparation:Preheat oven to 375F / 190C
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, silicone pads or lightly grease
Combine eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat on high until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla, lemon juice and salt and beat to combine. Gradually add gluten-free flour and beat just until combined. Slowly drizzle melted earth balance into the mixture and beat until combined.
Drop dough by heaping rounded teaspoons on prepared baking sheets, leaving about 11/2-inch space between cookies. Dip a small drinking glass in the extra sugar and gently press down on each cookie. Making sure each cookie is flattened put the figs in the middle and put another cookie on-top. Pinch them together and va-la!
Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and crisp. Cool.
Makes about 20 Fig Newton Gluten free cookies