Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gluten free Trip to Chicago

Its been a long time since my last post but I haven't been slacking! I've been being an intern for Fantabulously Frugal NYC (Basically managing their twitter account), Being an organizer for 3 groups on meetup, Co-Organizer for 2 others, Volunteer Coordinator for Party 4 a Cause, and lately for at least the past month I've begun planning a gluten free scavenger hunt in NYC for July 31st.
So back to Chicago! I went w/my hubby to visit his long time childhood friend Nandu. He was getting commissioned from the Navy and hosting a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in the Theatre District using our Hilton Honors points. I found one great place for breakfast: Meli's Cafe. I will be posting a full youtube video of my trip to Meli's. My husband and I also ate at Hub 51 which has a gluten free menu. Everything was absolutely delicious. While Chicago definitely does not have as many gluten free and dairy free resources as NYC, it was still a great trip.
Stay tuned for more gluten free scavenger hunt info in upcoming posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment